Friday, March 20, 2020

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

My customer avatar is a male or female business faculty member, generally revolving around the associate dean/dean level, who truly cares about the innovative processes that can be added to aid students’ career aspirations. Generally, they would be parents, with kids between middle school and college age. This age of the consumer is a driving motivator as they understand the importance of the next generation succeeding and being a promoter of it. 

Additionally, he or she is involved in some sort of exercise—more than likely triathlete/ runner) in order to deal with the stress of the position. 

Beyond that, it is difficult to ascertain more personal details since truly anyone can be in that position within an institution. Because this business is a service towards those in need of it, and the need circles around careers, there is no more specific of a measure to go by. 

Below are only two examples of potential clients and customers. It should be noted that there is no “normal” or “stereotypical” appearance in this particular role. 


                                  



My commonality to these customers if that I still embody the students they look to promote and the future careers we can have. I have chosen an opportunity that comes across my personal life and these customers are those in charge of the potential changes and implementation of new processes for students. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job of laying out the prototypical customer even with the seemingly general segment of the person. They do seem pretty typical and could encompass many different looks, however I like how you included the part about how they exercise to deal with the stresses of their position. Identifying an avatar based off little direct information and without having a stereotype in mind is difficult, but I thought you did a good job highlighting the important aspects anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Campbell,

    I think this is an accurate representation of the prototypical customer that would be targeted by the service you are proposing. I can definitely see the avatars you posted as being faculty members. I like the level of detail you put into describing your prototypical customers as imaging what your customer goes through on a daily basis could help you develop strategies on how to market your product to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Campbell,

    I agree with Aaron is saying that i can easily picture both avatars as faculty members. I like that you included not just their careers but also what their home life looks like. You took their family into account and showed how this affects their buying habits. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Campbell,
    Based on your business idea, I think this is a very good representation of what one of your prototypical customers would be. I also agree with Justin, the inclusion of saying your customer regularly exercised to deal with stress is something I can definitely see one of your customers doing as their job probably gets a bit challenging from time to time.

    ReplyDelete