Friday, March 13, 2020

16A- My Secret Sauce

1. One of my very unique abilities is the recall I am able to have. Not necessarily with school material, but conversations from months/years ago, obscure book/movie lines (or who scenes), specific lines within lecture, and especially random facts. Much of this can be attributed to one of my strengths assessed by Gallup—input. 
I also have moved several times throughout my life, almost ten and I remember all of them. Therefore, I have learned not only to adjust and often but also have begun to expect change to occur.
As someone who is highly organized, it plays a large part in who I am and how I operate on a daily basis. Schedules are stuck to specifically and color coordinated. Simple, repetitive tasks are completed per week without fail. School tasks are thought through and completed early rather than the day of. Holding myself accountable early on allows me to be effective in everything I do. 
While I never would have considered this before, we did an activity in one of my organization’s forums for Valentine’s Day where we write things we appreciate about other people. My paper included the same three things across the board: my positivity, energy, and passion for those around me. 
Even while “purpose” is a hard thing to discover personally and professionally, I believe I am specifically working towards discovering my “why” as Simon Sinek calls it. Filtering much of my involvement through high school and thus far in college to center around “relational development” as a core theme, I believe it has allowed to be more intentional in my actions and pursuits.   
Dad—While this was a recording with my father, he actually works within Fintech, so I asked him as someone who analyses incoming products for the company to give me a fair, business-related assessment of myself. Overall, I noticed that his analysis struck some of my core strengths: discipline, analytical, and deliberative. 
Mom—As someone who used to work in PR and now deals with students on a daily basis, I asked my mom to give me ger perspective on a general level. To her credit as well, she hit many of my core strengths as well, hinting to situations dealing with my input, analytical, and presentational skills. 
Morgan— I have gotten to know her very well within the last year, and she broke me down into three contextual categories with characteristics that I present. These were my organizational and forward-thinking nature with school, my individualization when it comes to caring for people, and my prioritization when it comes down to relax and have fun.
Dani— With both very driven mindsets, she highlighted that for me in our interview. She noted my way to multitask and prioritize effectively. 
Lexi—My roommate has seen me go through every sort of preparation for the various situations I have encountered as a business student. She noted that even while I plan everything out, there is a definite balance to it all. 
3. I think the assessments given have been fairly aligned to my own perception of myself. While going through college, I strive to be the fullest extent of myself. It is fulfilling to see that viewpoint noticed by those closest to me in so many different aspects of life. In regard to any changes within my original list, I would more than likely not alter a single thing. 


2 comments:

  1. I had a similar reflection and conclusion that my own beliefs very much aligned up with those of my peers, or the people who know me best. I think this is because it is easy to analyze yourself and your strengths accurately. Also, the fact that we interviewed all the people that know us best, they will also have developed an accurate assessment of us at this point as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Campbell,

    I also had similar results with my own interviews. The interviews I performed also seemed to line up very well with my own assessment of my human capital. I am surprised to see that others had similar results as I had always thought our peers see us differently than we see ourselves. This was a very interesting assignment and I was fairly surprised so many people got similar results!

    ReplyDelete