1. I reached out to a friend of mine who lives in New Jersey and utilizes her YouTube channel following to promote her clothing that she creates through her college’s fashion program. The usage of video to connect customers to her growing business is why I chose her as my domain expert.
a. I was able to reach and call her within the last week to get her thoughts on my idea napkin.
b. I was looking for her opinion in scoping out my business plan more and also wanted to catch up since we have not spoken in some time due to school being crazy for both of us. I would assume the return expectation would be to catch up as well.
c. It would help to expand my network to better include her since she sees alternative industries’ usages and perspectives that could be helpful in properly promoting the service.
2. I also reached out to my aunt who happens to work in HR for her branch of NBC, making her perfect to speak with terms of considering her for the market expert.
a. Because this interview is family, I reached out to her over the phone to talk through my idea with her.
b. I was not expecting anything beyond simple feedback surrounding my idea napkin from an HR perspective and interest, and I could see her watching to catch up with the family as well.
c. This perspective from HR will allow me to utilize these perspectives later on when I am looking to a) work with employers again come the fall or b) actually end up pitching this product.
3. Because this idea is generally run through the BCS, I reached out to someone on the team to assess the aspects of my idea napkin to what would be the up-and-coming industry supplier.
a. As a student who regularly goes to the BCS, I thought it was appropriate to “go with what you know” as they say and work with what would be the possible foundation of the service.
b. While I was not sure of any thing I could do for them, I was interested in getting an additional perspective as to my revised idea napkin.
c. Working with the BCS regularly allowed me to recognized how in-depth their process went in order to help each and every student no matter the industry.
For other classes, I was asked to complete multiple occupational interviews in regard to my industries of interest, and so I have found that I am accustomed to reaching out and expanding my network. I enjoy gaining different perspectives of others and look forward to these kinds of assignments.
Hello Campbell,
ReplyDeleteYou certainly selected appropriate interviewees for your field. These interviews should certainly help you gain the knowledge necessary to form the foundation of your service. I had not considered interviewing anyone on a video streaming platform nor thought of the idea of using it as advertising technique. It would certainly bring in some growth for your service. I am certain that these connections will help you see your service through to fruition.
Hi Campbell,
ReplyDeleteIt’s great that you have become accustomed to reaching out to people and expanding your network. This is a skill that will definitely be of use to you throughout your professional career in the future. You selected great people to interview and asked them very insightful questions. I am sure the different perspectives and additional knowledge you gained from each interview will definitely be applicable to your service.