1) The general theme of the book “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success” by Carol Dweck Book, is surrounding a new mindset that ought to be taken that isn’t set in our own way called the ‘growth mindset.’
2) The assignment before aptly asked us about our failures, and this book demonstrated an upcoming form of dealing with failure in order to find/ build success.
3) Because dealing with failure can be such a touchy topic to personally recognize, especially in front of others, I would walk them through scenarios that are similar to those of students. They can work through these situations using the parameters of growth mindset to come up with strategies and next steps.
4) I really appreciated the examples and exclamations that were provided about those experiencing a fixed mindset versus a growth mindset. There is an actual difference in the spoken word and approach to the same scenario by each mindset is vastly different and evident.
Hello Campbell,
ReplyDeleteThis seems like a very interesting book. I also struggle with handling failure as the thought of potentially failing to meet my goals or complete my assignments causes me a great deal of anxiety and stress as I try to accept what the consequences of my failure could result in. I am interesting in reading more about these different kinds of mindsets as perhaps I can relate one of them to how I feel about failure.
Hey Campbell,
ReplyDeleteThis book seems very engaging. It seems to have somethings in common with the previous assignment we just completed on a time we failed. Many people struggle with how to cope with failure, myself included, so this book seems like something I would be interested in reading. The ‘growth mindset’ seems like an interesting concept that could help many people deal with failure throughout their life.