1) With all of the other courses one takes concurrently with Entrepreneurship, it can sometimes become challenging to keep up with the timing of the assignments compared to others for different classes. This structure forces me to take accountability of further defining my time rather than generally “setting aside” slots of my day to do assignments. I would associate the self-awareness of my time management and additional discipline to the competency of tenacity.
2) At times, when I have failed to manage my time well for that week and I have left Entrepreneurship up until the closest I can to the deadline, I am tempted to skip those assignments because the points associated sound so minimal compared with what we are accustomed to with other UF/Heavener classes. However, every point you see is exactly equivalent to percentage grade points. Reminding myself of this fact keeps my focus and attitude towards each point in check as I look to complete all my work for this course and beyond.
3) If I could give future students taking this class 3 tips:
a. Become very self-aware. Understand where your strengths and weaknesses lie and walk/plan accordingly to them.
b. If you have never taken Warrington Welcome/taken their StrengthsQuest, I highly recommend a personality test to demonstrate the grey areas you may have.
c. In accordance to your strengths and weaknesses, become in tune with what motivates you. There is a different type of tenacity for those who fear failure versus those who are looking for the perfect score. Both may lead to the same result, but the path to achieving it may be different.

I like how you incorporated the strength quest as a good step to take to identify how you can approach this class. That is definitely an under-utilized tool that students such as myself can learn from. I also agree that the allotted points for each assignment may make them seem trivial at first glance, but since there are so many and the class is out of 100, each is essential to stay on top of and complete well.
ReplyDeleteHello Campbell,
ReplyDeleteI also occasionally consider putting of the assignments for this class so that I can keep up with exams or due dates for other classes. However, as you stated reminding myself that each assignment directly relates to a percentage point motivates me to push myself and just get the assignment finished. However, I have still come very close to simply putting off the assignments a few times and had to attempt to gain motivation and remind myself that I need to complete every assignment for all of my classes.